When it comes to modern construction or industrial applications, VULCAN polycarbonate sheets provides a wide range of colors and functionalities to choose from, regardless of size and shape. It’s important to first understand the material properties of polycarbonates before diving deeper into polycarbonate sheets.
Combining incredible strength and impact resistance for extra security plus co-extruded UV protection which reduces the effects of weathering, VULCAN Polycarbonate sheets offer long-lasting performance and lifespan.
The VULCAN material guide of properties of polycarbonates sheets helps you learn about Vulcan’s products and details on the properties of polycarbonates.
To have a better understanding of the material properties of polycarbonates, below is a brief introduction on how to choose the VULCAN product to correctly meet your requirements:
• Maximum Natural Light Penetration: Valuview Clear/LiteGuide
• Maximum Natural Light + Diffused Indirect Light Penetration: Valuview Opal/LiteGuide
• Maximum Natural Light Penetration + Solar Infrared Heat Reduction: Solarshield Green/Blue IR-Cut
• Shaded Light Penetration + Interference Color Reflection: Valuview Green/Blue/Bronze/Grey
• Shaded Light Penetration + Interference Color Reflection + Solar Infrared Heat Reduction: Ti-Lite Blue/Green/Silver/Bronze
• Shaded Light Penetration + PAR Selective + Solar Infrared Heat Reduction: Pearly
Weather Resistance: The ability of a material to prevent corrosion, loss of material or any sort of deterioration due to prolonged exposure to harsh environmental and weather conditions.
Warranty: VULCAN Limited Warranty terms and conditions.
Visible Light Transmission Rate: The amount of light that reaches your eyes through the glazing material.
Transparent: Permits light to pass directly through.
Translucent: Permits light to pass through but not showing the distinct images on the other side.
Direct Lighting: When light falls on a specific area or an object.
Diffused Lighting: Non-direct light, the harsh quality of direct light beam is evenly spread or dispersed.
Shading (Lower VIS): Slight darkness caused by blocking direct lighting from the sun or other light sources. It should not be confused with heat reduction.
IR Control: Only certain wavelengths of the Infrared heat spectrum are allowed to pass through.
Spectrally Selective: Only certain portions of the solar spectrum are allowed to pass through.