Polycarbonate Canopies | Roof and Covers
Polycarbonate roofing and wall cladding sheets are one of the most durable, versatile, light penetrating but at the same time, virtually unbreakable of building materials available on the market.
Like all materials on planet earth, which have their own weaknesses and downsides, polycarbonate is no different, but just like all other materials, these weaknesses can be compensated with the help of modern technology and careful planning prior to construction.
Depending on how structures are designed and built, there are a variety of profiles types, colors, and sizes to choose from. Endless possibilities and combinations, as they say – the sky is the limit.
VULCAN Polycarbonate Canopies roofing and wall sheets can be applied to flat surfaces, or cold bent to match curved surfaces.
To understand where polycarbonate sheets can be used as roofing and walls, start by browsing our Applications Page. A color-coded mock-up building show areas where polycarbonate sheets are applicable. Moving the curser over different building areas will highlight areas suitable for polycarbonate sheet installation.
Upon determining the type of structure to build on, it is time to choose the right profile for your application. Click on this link for a detailed explanation of the two main profile categories – Solid Flat Profiles and Corrugated Profiles.
Additional properties can be added to VULCAN polycarbonate sheets with the help of co-extruded coatings or additives. Below is a list of materials and its properties – click on this link to check out our Material Properties Guide page.
• Maximum Natural Light Penetration: Valuview Clear/LiteGuide
• Maximum Natural Light + Diffused Indirect Light Penetration: Valuview Opal/LiteGuide
• Maximum Natural Light Penetration + Solar Infrared Heat Reduction: Solarshield Green/Blue IR-Cut
• Shaded Light Penetration + Interference Color Reflection: Valuview Green/Blue/Bronze/Grey
• Shaded Light Penetration + Interference Color Reflection + Solar Infrared Heat Reduction: Ti-Lite Blue/Green/Silver/Bronze
• Shaded Light Penetration + PAR Selective + Solar Infrared Heat Reduction: Pearly